When Squalene oil undergoes the process of hydrogenation, the end product we get is Squalane oil. This process turns the unsaturated Squalene oil to its saturated form i.e. Squalane. You will find it existing naturally in our body. It is also available in plants from where the cosmetic companies extract. Basically, its double bond structure makes Squalene oil a poor choice when it comes to skincare, thus it is hydrogenated to Squalane oil which can be used in cosmetics. It is completely colorless and odorless.
When it comes to the benefits Squalane oil will leave you awestruck. It is suitable for every skin type, be it dry, oily, sensitive acne-prone anything. The following benefits make it ideal to use Squalane oil for face:
- Good moisturizer – Squalane acts as an excellent moisturizer and leaves your skin hydrated and soft. The light texture and non-greasy nature of the oil ensure that it gets absorbed into the skin very fast.
- For lip and eye treatment – Squalane oil is ideal for both not only preventing but also treating dryness around the eyes. It treats the dry patches around the eyes and also heals the lips much better than any lip balm.
- Prevents irritation – Unlike most other moisturizers, Squalane oil is clinically proven as non-irritating and thus it makes a great option for sensitive skin conditions.
- Non-Comedogenic – If you go by the general law, any oil would clog the skin. But with Squalane oil this is not the case. Its light texture ensures that it gets absorbed fast rather than clogging the skin and leading to acne.
- Oil control capacity – Just like jojoba oil, Squalane oil has the capability to regulate the secretion of excess oil from the body. But it is considered even better than jojoba.
- Soothing – Squalane can speed up the healing process of chapped or cracked skin and soothes irritable skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis.
- Fights bacteria – Similar to that of coconut oil, Squalane also contains natural antibacterial properties.
- Provides protection from damage caused by oxidation – Squalane gives protection to your skin from the free radicals which can lead to age spots and premature aging. It also helps to reduce the dark pigments with time.
Steps to use
Whenever you buy any product, you should be well aware of how to use it effectively. Before you use Squalane oil, you should clean your face and then exfoliate it. Then apply the treatment products if you use any, if not go straight to the hydrating serums as they take time to absorb. Now, apply the Squalane oil on your face and eye area. Now you can apply the moisturizer followed by the makeup.
Why buy Squalane Oil online
Now that you have got a clear idea about how to use Squalane oil for faceand its benefits, you must be now wondering from where to acquire the product. Websites like Absorb Health sell such Powerful Natural Emollients online. You also get to enjoy free shipping over a purchase amount of $75 all over the US.